[Radiance-general] How to verify an IES file ?

Christopher Rush Christopher.Rush at arup.com
Thu May 22 06:14:08 PDT 2014

What command line syntax and options do you use with the ies2rad command to create your radiance definition of the light fixture? It could be an error with the particular manufacturer’s IES file, if they’ve somehow made the IES file incorrect in the process of normalizing the IES file and applying the 8.6 multiplier. In other cases IES files are sometimes reported with a candela multiplier of 1.0 (instead of normalizing them first). Can you test with another manufacturer’s IES file of similar distribution, efficiency, and lamp type (maybe Zumtobel Claris).