[Radiance-general] Raw images from radiance package?

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 10:40:41 PDT 2014

Of course.  Radiance pictures as output from rpict, etc. are linear floating-point in RGBE format.  You can change these to ASCII or binary floats using the pvalue program.  If you don't like the 1% precision this gives you, there is the option of outputting to 4-byte IEEE float or ASCII from rtrace.  You can couple this with vwrays if you want to generate specific views.

What is your purpose?

-Greg