[Radiance-general] HDR Sky Camera @ LBNL's Flexlab

Rob Guglielmetti rob.guglielmetti at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 14:58:13 PDT 2014

Hi German, and everyone else. Certainly one could use these HDR images to
generate sky vectors and apply them to daylight coefficients for a given
model(s). Greg Ward has created a cool tool called mksource to facilitate
this process in Radiance, identifying small, intense pixels in the image;
creating and placing Radiance light sources in their stead, and zeroing the
pixels to avoid double counting.

Considerations:
- Capturing the true (full) dynamic range of an exterior scene with direct
sun is difficult.
- Using locally-captured HDR images for daylight availability analysis is
statistically dubious. Granted, so is using TMY data, for different
reasons. This is why I changed the title of this list to "considerations",
from "problems". =)