[Radiance-general] gendaylit

Jan Wienold jan.wienold at epfl.ch
Thu Jul 31 01:34:13 PDT 2014

Dear Ehsan,

just one more comment - if you use the -O 1 option, the simulation is
performed in the solar spectrum, so you can't calculate the visible
range with it (because you don't use the in-built luminance efficacy
model). For solar spetrum calculations, you also need
reflectance/transmission values for the solar range. For spectral
sensitive materials/coatings, the difference can be huge. (e.g. for
glazing).
So for daylight simulations, you should use the default option of
gendaylit, then the luminance efficacy is calculated for the sky/sun
condition according to the Perez efficacy model.

Cheers,

Jan

Am 7/31/14, 9:31 AM, schrieb Ehsan Vazifeh:
> Dear Jan and Greg,
>
> Thank you all. using -O option solved the problem. I didn't think
> about the spectrum other than visible.
>
> Cheers, Ehsan
>
> On 30 Jul 2014, at 18:49, Jan Wienold <jan.wienold at epfl.ch
> <mailto:jan.wienold at epfl.ch>> wrote:
>
>> if you want to have solar raditaion output in W/m2, then you have to
>> use the -O 1 option for gendaylit (see manpage).
>> in your case, you get then 246 W/m2 calculated...
>>
>> cheers,
>> Jan
>>
>> Am 7/30/14, 6:36 PM, schrieb Ehsan M.Vazifeh:
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> I am using Perez sky model (gendaylit) in Radiance. When I calculate
>>> the horizontal irradiance and compare it with global irradiance
>>> sensor I get systematic error (rtrace gives around 70% lower
>>> values). I checked everything in between so far nothing was wrong in
>>> the code, Here is one sample:
>>>
>>> gendaylit -ang 22.11 -64.30 -W 370.67 108.20 > genday_03_22_07_20.rad
>>>
>>> then I add the sky description in the rad file:
>>>
>>> skyfunc glow skyglow
>>> 0
>>> 0
>>> 4 1 1 1 0