[Radiance-general] Reflectance meausrement using macbethcal utility

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 09:09:01 PDT 2014

It's all explained (as best I can) in the macbethcal man page:

	http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/man_html/macbethcal.1.html

You give it an HDR file of a Macbeth color checker chart under uniform illumination, and identify the chart corners in the image.  From that, it creates a color mapping file you can use with pcomb to correct the image.

However, it does not work very well for digital cameras.  You are much better off converting the RAW files directly using Dave Coffin's dcraw, which you can find on the web.  Getting to reflectance is more difficult, and depends on your situation.

Check out the following if you haven't already:

	http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/refer/sg96crs.pdf

Cheers,
-Greg