[Radiance-general] genBSDF problem

Ariane Johanson sasumal2 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 27 10:58:10 PDT 2014

Hello all,

I recently started to experiment with Radiance and now I am experimenting on
the three phase method. I started with something very very simple to see how
it works and maybe compare the results with other simulation methods, before I
try to do something complicated.

I created a simple rectangular room that is lighted through another
rectangular box on top of the roof. This box I want to use to make a BSDF. It
is just a rectangular kind of pipe, with two of its surface (the one on top
and bottom) translucent, from which the light will enter the room.

I created the Daylight matrix for the upper part of this shape. Then I created
the rad files for the box's geometry and materials that are really simple.

However when I try to generate the BSDF, the genBSDF stops working. I tried to
use a different genBSDF (I found one of different size from WINDOWS software).
This one runs but at the end I get the message "Generation of Tensor Tree
BSDFs is not supported on windows". Anyone has any idea why I get these
errors? I am really new in this and maybe I miss something really obvious.

Thank you in advance,

Ariane