[Radiance-general] Path problem

Ehsan M.Vazifeh em.vazifeh at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 05:00:19 PDT 2014

Dear Ray lovers!

Whenever I want to run a Radiance program using MATLAB environment, I have
to add the path before the command, otherwise it returns "command not
found". But even adding that for the command below I get this error "Use of
uninitialized value in split at /usr/local/ray/bin/genskyvec line 129, <>
line 17." and some other lines of similar error.

Matlab command:
unix('/usr/local/ray/bin/gendaylit 03 12 07:35 -a 48.2 -o -16.37 -m -15 -W
3.26 67.30 | /usr/local/ray/bin/genskyvec -m 1 -c 1 1 1 filename.dat')

but if I return this command in Terminal I get no error and works
perfectly. Any idea why is it like that and what should I do?

Cheers, Ehsan