[Radiance-general] problem generation dmx matrix

Giuseppe De Michele giudm.87 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 04:39:02 PDT 2014

Dear expert,

A brief introduction to the project:
I'm appling 3 phase method on a facede that is composed of a big cfs on the
bottom of which there are several openings (glass doorway) that are the
access to the internal area.

Therefore, I have decided to separet the facede in two groups (CFS &
GLASS_DOOR) since the BSDFs are different (I hope that it is the right way
to proceed).

But when I have generated the dmx matrix for both groups of windows, that
have the same orientation (-vd -0.98 -0.17 0), a warning message have
appeared only for the GLASS_DOOR group:
*view direction does not correspond to any surfaces.*

Controls:
1. checked geometry with objline and rvu (for the glow material) and all
seems work well.
2. checked oconv  that contain material, scene without the window ,
skywhtie.
3.  checked the command for the glass_door (that is the same of the
functioning one save for the geometry):
 genklemsamp -c 1000 - vd 0.98 -0.17 0 materials.rad glass_door.rad |
rcontrib -n 4 -c 1000 -e MF:1 -f reinhart.cal -b rbin - bn Nrbins -m
sky_glow - faf temp/model_dmx.oct > data/glass_door.dmx

I don't know where find the solution of the the problem.  Any advice?

Thanks in advance,
Giuseppe