[Radiance-general] BSDF question

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 08:39:29 PDT 2014

Reciprocity works for every BSDF type in Radiance except isotropic tensor trees, so specify +f with the -t3 option if you want transmission to go both ways.  Also, you need +f to get the reflected rays on the opposite side of the surface, so you may want it under some other circumstances as well.

The geometry (if present) is used for shadow calculation during the direct calculation and for viewing the system, while the BSDF is used for all other purposes.

Cheers,
-Greg