[Radiance-general] Radiance on Raspberry Pi

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Tue Jan 28 11:25:37 PST 2014

Dear Marie,

the raspberry pi is just a Linux system with limited resources. If you have a Debian system installed,

sudo apt-get install radiance

should be all you need to install Radiance, given a working Internet connection or installation media.

There used to be a define to reduce memory requirements by using single precision floats when compiling Radiance, but probably no one used that for decades.

All in all, using the image processing tools may make sense, but I would not spend my time trying to get complete renderings from such hardware :)

Cheers, Lars.