[Radiance-general] Regarding Radiance Installation, Qt-based rvu, and Objline issues

Vaib vaibhavjain.co at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 13:16:38 PST 2014

Hello everyone, Hello Rob,

I just uninstalled the standard Radiance package I had on my Linux (Debian
Wheezy) machine. This packaged was installed by the standard Add/Remove
Software utility in Debian. Then I downloaded
"radiance-4.2.a-Linux.tar32.gz" from the NREL's website and copied it's
"radiance" folder at /usr/local/. Then I added the RAYPATH in the .bashrc
file as per the instructions given on the website. I tried to check the
installation by running gensky command, and it works fine. But I have
observed some issues with "rvu -o qt" and "objline" :

1. "$ rvu -o qt myScene.oct" gives me this error: rvu:
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found
(required by rvu)

AND

2. "$ objline myScene.rad | x11meta" gives me this error: fatal - cannot
open file "/usr/local/lib/meta/vchars.mta", mode "r"

In the previous standard installation of Radiance, "$ objline myScene.rad |
x11meta" use to work fine. Do you know what has happened now? and, have I
re-installed radiance properly? Thank you!

Regards,
Vaib