[Radiance-general] Distribute the brightness of the sun over a sky patch

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 07:08:39 PST 2014

Alejandro

You can look at the algorithm that Daysim uses to distribute the sun
between fixed positions (for example this presentation on slide 11:
http://www.gsd.harvard.edu/research/gsdsquare/Presentations/Radiance%20WS2009_DaysimInnovations_CReinhart.pdf).
 Note that the developers found that a small subdivision of the sky is not
sufficient to model sunlight and shadows in sufficient detail. Therefore
the approach to use separate steps for sun and sky contributions in
coefficient based daylighting.

Regards,
Thomas