[Radiance-general] error no valid view specified

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Fri Feb 21 04:48:28 PST 2014

Hi,

as you showed in your email, there was no view information in the image in the beginning (see getinfo output). Scaling the image down will not magically create that missing information.

If you know the vertical and horizontal view angles, you can add them to the image header. Radiance comes with a tool "vinfo", which allows you to edit the image header in the editor "vi". An example view line taken from an image I happen to have here is:

VIEW= -vtv -vp 0.412249 3.5 1.5 -vd 0.39426 -0.911112 -0.2 -vu 0 0 1 -vh 75 -vv 75 -vo 0 -va 0 -vs 0 -vl 0

So the syntax is what you know from writing view files. Of course, you must KNOW (not guess, copy, assume) the information on the view when manually editing it, otherwise this will result in entirely random results when you do glare evaluation using it.

Cheers, Lars.