[Radiance-general] genBSDF

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 00:25:25 PST 2014

The default genBSDF +b option should work fine.  Radiance knows how to reverse directions on transmission if it has to, but the direction is usually out the window, so +b is what you want.

The reason the code favors the "Transmission Front" data is because some Window6 files contain "filler" information for the "Transmission Back" data that is unreliable.  If both are present, it is safer to use the "Front" data for that reason.  In the case of genBSDF, there is no concern, since it doesn't fake its output.

Best,
-Greg