[Radiance-general] incident ray angles

Jia Hu hujia06 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 10:37:42 PST 2014

Hi Greg and David,

That is great.  I looked at the man page of rsensor program, that is what I
need.  I have a few questions for which I am struggling.

   1.  you mentioned I still have to use a cone to cutoff light even if I
   define the sensitivity data files?  should I list all from 0-90 (row
   degree) in the row or just view angle range (e.g., from 0 - 54 deg in row)?
     does the program do some interpolation for angles are not defined in the
   sensor files?
   2. Our program was built based on Daysim, and use gen_dc to generate
   daylight coefficient and us ds_illum to calculate the sensor readings. The
   readings are cosine weighted, but it seems no way to integrate rsensor with
   ds_ill or .dc files. I understand the 3 or 5 phase DC methods is good to
   handle this. Since we already have the code from Daysim, it may be easy to
   directly integrate resensor with current Daysim generated .dc files? Do you
   have some suggestion?
   3. If we use three phase DC method, we have to generate the BSDF files,
    genBSDF +f +b will double the time, so for blinds in the south wall
   settings, I only need use deault (+b only, not +f), is tha right?  +b will
   generate Transmission From (Window 6 convention), is that right?

  Thank you very much,

Jia