[Radiance-general] Rhino to Radiance

Mostapha Sadeghipour sadeghipour at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 11:13:26 PST 2014

Thank you Chien Si for mentioning Ladybug.

Alejandro, You can use Honeybee which is a part of Ladybug plugin (
http://www.grasshopper3d.com/group/ladybug) to prepare the geometry and
write the files (sky files, rad files for the geometry and materials).
There are components to create the materials and assign them to the
geometry.

I haven't announced the release for Honeybee yet but you can download it
form the github repository: https://github.com/mostaphaRoudsari/Honeybee/

Currently you can run rtrace and rpict lines from the runDaylightAnalysis
components. The project is open source though and you can modify the code
to suite the purpose of your study or you can develop a new component to
run forward raytracing simulations from Honeybee/Ladybug. The latter sounds
perfect to me! ;).

I can send you an example file if that helps.

Cheers,
Mostapha

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 12:48 PM, Chien Si Harriman <chien.harriman at gmail.com