[Radiance-general] Combining "trans" and "glass"

Guglielmetti, Robert Robert.Guglielmetti at nrel.gov
Wed Dec 17 09:43:41 PST 2014

What about it didn't work? Andy McNeil did a nice analysis of the
two-polygon versus "combined" approaches on the Unmet Hours forum
recently, albeit with clear glazing. He showed that trying to combine
materials without doing the proper ray traversals is dubious, basically.
See this thread:

https://unmethours.com/question/1037/converting-transmittance-to-transmissi
vity-for-igus/

I'd think that if it fails with two pieces of specularly transmitting
materials, the results would potentially be even worse with a mix of
transmittance types.

- Rob