[Radiance-general] Texture Baking?

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Mon Aug 11 02:01:16 PDT 2014

Hi Trygve,

you can do it... :) Greg demonstrated an example where he used something
similar to render caustics on the inside walls of a swimming pool. For
each surface, create locations on it to achieve a sufficient resolution
and render the illuminance at each location. Alternatively, for simple
geometry, you may find the location and extents of the surface, place a
vtl-type camera just in front of it, and render an image (clipping all
pixels not belonging to the surface using the rtrace object id output).

It is a bit of work though... :D

Cheers, Lars.