[Radiance-general] Modelling sky using sky scanner MS-321LR

Ehsan M.Vazifeh em.vazifeh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 07:37:44 PDT 2014

Thank you very much! I will try to use both methods.

Cheers,
Ehsan

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 3:13 PM, John Mardaljevic <J.Mardaljevic at lboro.ac.uk
> wrote:

> Hi Ehsan,
>
> Yes, that's right -- you simply scale the measured (circular patch)
> luminance or radiance values by the ratio of the 'rectangular' patch solid
> angle to the circular source solid angle, i.e. some factor > 1.  Your sky
> will of course not be continuous, but at least the total luminous output
> will be realistic.  See table 3-7, p70 in Chapter 3 here:
>
> http://climate-based-daylighting.com/doku.php?id=resources:thesis
>
> Another way is to use the measured data to create a 'brightdata'
> representation of the sky, which will be continuous.  How that is done is
> also described in Chapter 3.
>
> Cheers
> John
>
> John Mardaljevic PhD FSLL
> Professor of Building Daylight Modelling
> School of Civil & Building Engineering
> Loughborough University
> Loughborough
> Leicestershire
> LE11 3TU, UK
>
> Tel: +44 1509 222630 (Direct)
> Tel: +44 1509 228529 (Pam Allen, secretary)
>
> j.mardaljevic at lboro.ac.uk
>
> http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/civil-building/staff/mardaljevicjohn
>
> Personal daylighting website:
> http://climate-based-daylighting.com

Dipl. Ing. Ehsan, M. Vazifeh
Project Assistant
Department of Building Physics and Building Ecology
Vienna University of Technology
Karlsplatz 13, A-1040 Vienna, Austria
Tel +43 1 58801 27003
Fax +43 1 58801 27093