[Radiance-general] Using Radiance to Generate Lighting and Solar Surface Heat Gain Schedules for EnergyPlus

Andrew McNeil amcneil at lbl.gov
Tue Apr 8 16:24:49 PDT 2014

Actually, when you use the scheduled surface heat gains, energy plus
redistributes energy to account for inter-reflection. It's not as accurate
as computing inter-reflection in Radiance.

But generally, I agree with German that the standard EnergyPlus CFS method
is simpler to implement. We wouldn't have developed our Radiance method if
EnergyPlus supported CFS at the time.

Andy