[Radiance-general] Falsecolor tricks

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 15:13:57 PDT 2013

Hi Mike,

You probably need to hack falsecolor if you want it to appear in the right place with the legend and everything.  Look for pextrem and think about how you would replace it with something that pulled out the desired pixel value like so:

	$xpos = 250
	$ypos = 300
	$lumval = `ra_xyze -o orig.hdr | pcompos -x 1 -y 1 - -$xpos -$ypos | pvalue -h -H -b -d`
	psign -s -.15 -a 2 -h 16 $lumval | pcompos falsecolor.hdr 0 0 - $xpos $ypos > composite.hdr

The ra_xyze command is to undo any exposure setting before passing on to pcompos to pull out the desired pixel, and is unnecessary and inefficient if your picture hasn't been processed by pfilt or anything that added an EXPOSURE= line.

I hope these hints get you going in the right direction.

-Greg