[Radiance-general] Unsure how to specify a trans modifier

Reinier Zeldenrust reinier.zeldenrust at atelierten.com
Tue Sep 24 06:56:47 PDT 2013

Hi George,

No problem at all. Was a good test of my own understanding as well.

Thanks for telling me a bit more about your project. I'm also doing some modelling of vegetation (hence my interest) but for a different purpose. I'm trying to determine how much light plants block (depending on the leaf density, etc.) and also how you well you can see glazing behind vegetation.

Did you know there are a few programs that create plants/trees? There is Tree-D (http://www.frecle.net/?show=treed.about), which is free, but I have not yet found a way to properly export correct leaf shapes. Then there is Onyx (http://www.onyxtree.com/index.html), but I have no experience with that yet. Do other people?

Also, can you send me a link to the papers with reflectance / transmission spectra? I wasn't able to find them myself.

Cheers,
Reinier

http://www.star.net.uk