[Radiance-general] genBSDF error

Leyla Sanati leylasanati at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 08:54:58 PDT 2013

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your prompt reply.
I am doing my simulations on my mac, and I have the latest version of
Radiance.
If you may remember from my presentation, I modeled a room with four
openings on the south wall: two clerestories, and two windows.
Similar to my 3-phase simulation, I am trying to generate separate BSDFs
for windows and clerestories, as they have different and dynamic shading
systems. The room is positioned 3 meters above the ground (on second floor).
For the windows, I generated venetian blinds using genblind. I used -a
option in xform to duplicate the venetian blinds. Then I used xform to
position the South wall, the windows and venetian blinds on xy plane with
the interior wall facing up at z=0.  In genBSDF script, I set -dim command
to cover the two windows and the wall between them. Since I am new to
genBSDF, I am not sure what is causing the error. Does the clerestory
openings on the south wall need to be filled when creating the window BSDFs?

#objects/venetain80.rad
void plastic blindslat
0
0
5 0.7 0.7 0.7 0.1 0

!genblinds blindslat blinds .02 2 1 83 80 +r .2 | xform -rz -90 -t 5.0 3.95
3.8 -a 2 -t 4 0 0

$ xform -rz 180 -rx -90 objects/glazing_W.rad objects/venetian80.rad
materials/room.mat objects/Swall.rad > bsdf/windows-v80-1.rad

$ xform -t 12 -3 -4  bsdf/windows-v80-1.rad > bsdf/windows-v80.rad

$ genBSDF +f +b -geom meter -dim 1 7 0.8 1.8 -.2 0 -t4 5
bsdf/windows-v80.rad > bsdf/windows-v80_t45.xml

Please let me know if you need to look at any of my files.

Thanks,
Leyla