[Radiance-general] Spots when recreating Turrell installation

Mark Stock mstock at umich.edu
Tue Sep 3 19:00:31 PDT 2013

Greg, interested parties,

Looking back at the hole in the wall (made with antimatter) I noticed
that even putting the "light bulb room" wall material and the
antimatter material in the ambient exclude list, there was still
ambient light pouring from the little room into the main viewing room.
That's what was causing the errant ambient spots. Possibly because
antimatter messes up the ambient exclude logic?

As soon as I changed the color of the little "light bulb room" to pure
black, the situation improved:

Old: http://markjstock.org/transfer/img06.png
New: http://markjstock.org/transfer/img11.png

Ambient parameters might actually be too high. But the rendering looks
nice! Turrell must have used a very black little room for his light
source!

Files: http://markjstock.org/transfer/afrum1.tar

Improvements/comments welcome. More Turrell pieces are in the works,
as I figure them out.

Mark