[Radiance-general] 5-phase method with sky vector

Andrew McNeil amcneil at lbl.gov
Mon Nov 25 12:28:50 PST 2013

Hi Leyla,
You need to use the -5 option in gendaymtx, which isn't an option for
genskyvec at the moment. I'd suggest using a single-timestep sky matrix.

you could make a *.wea file like this:
place Oakland Metropolitan Arpt_USA
latitude 37.72
longitude 122.22
time_zone 120
site_elevation 2.0
weather_data_file_units 1
1 1 12.000 655 129

Than it's:
$ gendaymtx -of skies/OakLand.wea > matrices/OakLand.smx
$ gendaymtx -of -d skies/OakLand.wea > matrices/OakLand_direct.smx
$ gendaymtx -5 -d -m 6 -of skies/OakLand.wea >
matrices/OakLand_direct_m6.smx

And change -n 8760 to -n 1:
$ dctimestep -n 1 -if  viewpics/back_%03d.hdr \ bsdf/fullwindow.xml
matrices/daylightmatrix.dmx matrices/OakLand.smx > hourlypics/back.hdr

I think that works...

Andy