[Radiance-general] 5-phase method - Direct daylight matrix

Leyla Sanati leylasanati at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 13:11:38 PST 2013

Yes. It makes sense.
Now, may I a question about the direct sun coefficient matrix. I have a
model with windows facing south, west and north and varying shading devices
for each orientation.
Should I create a separate direct sun coefficient matrix for each window
orientation, or would it be correct if I create an all-black model
containing all of the shading devices and pass it to rcontrib. Something
like this:

xform -m black room.rad objects/ground.rad | oconv materials/room.mat -
objects/glazing.rad objects/shading_south.rad objects/shading_west.rad

objects/glazing_bsdf_south.rad objects/glazing_bsdf_west.rad
objects/glazing_bsdf_north.rad

skies/suns.rad > octs/model_suns.oct

*rcontrib < data/photocells.pts -I -ab 1 -ad 65536 -lw 1.52e-5 -dc 1 -dt 0
-dj 0 -st 1 -ss 0 -faf -e MF:6 -f reinhart.cal -b rbin -bn Nrbins -m solar
octs/model_suns.oct > matrices/directsun.dsmxThank you,Leyla*