[Radiance-general] Access to outgoing radiance at polyhedra level

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 09:54:49 PST 2013

Hi Olivier,

The simplest method is to use rtrace.  You can separate your polygons by name with:

	vwrays [resolution & view options] | rtrace -h -osv scene.oct | sort > surfaces.txt

You should get a selection of radiance values for each surface based on the selected view.  If you want orthonormal values for _every_ polygon, not just those visible from one perspective, more sophisticated methods are needed.  You would have to read in the scene file and generate a custom view for each polygon.  It can be done, but it might require some scripting/programming to accomplish it.

-Greg

P.S.  If you want irradiance/illuminance values rather than radiance/luminance, use the rtrace -i option.