[Radiance-general] Could RTRACE produce two outputs (picture and values)?

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 09:55:22 PDT 2013

Hi Mirjam,

I want to agree with and embellish Christopher's reply.  Adding an ambient file will make the second simulation take very little time if indeed it is evaluating the same set of points.  However, you cannot directly compute illuminance from luminance or vice versa except under very special circumstances (i.e., reflection from a uniform diffuse surface).  They are fundamentally different calculations.

You may also try the -n option to rtrace, which combined with the -af option will speed the calculation considerably on modern multicore machines.

Cheers,
-Greg