[Radiance-general] beginner's installation problems

Mark Stock mstock at umich.edu
Thu Mar 28 08:08:01 PDT 2013

Carolin,

Ah, I see it now. The NREL Radiance installers are for OSX versions 10.7
and 10.8. The "Illegal instruction" error means that the compiled binaries
use instructions that became available only in OSX 10.7.

Your options seem to be: Upgrade to 10.7, or install and build Radiance
manually. Check out this page for instructions:

http://radiance-online.org/download-install/installation-information/mac-osx-1

Sorry about the incompatibility. We're here to help with the manual
installation.

Mark