[Radiance-general] ambient occlusion map ?

Andrew McNeil amcneil at lbl.gov
Fri Mar 15 09:53:06 PDT 2013

Brajesh,

This is expected behavior.  As Chris pointed out glow sources are sampled
using the ambient calculation.  This is because glow was intended to model
the sky, a very large area source.  It is much more efficient and accurate
to sample the sky using the stochastic ambient calculation compared of the
deterministic direct calculation.

With -ab 0 you get no light in your image from the glow (unless you can see
the glow geometry in your view).  Setting -ab 1 when using a glow source is
equivalent to a direct only calculation (ie without any
inter-eflection effects).

Andy