[Radiance-general] ambient occlusion map ?

Brajesh Lal brajeshlal at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 15 08:43:11 PDT 2013

Hi Christopher

Actually i am computing per pixel visibility ( or say each point visibility of the surface) in the up direction. I suppose if we set ambiance bounce more than zero, then it will have inter-reflection effect. and to avoid interreflection contribution i have done surface material perfectly black and bounces zero.

Yes we do need light source, for that i am using glow ( self luminous surface  ) and a unity hemispherical light source for a point.

and logically i suppose -completely visible point is shaded as unity, and zero will be treated as occluded. so value of rgb determines the visibility factor.

-i option produces  irradiance map.

so basically i render the scene
rpict  -x resx, -y resy -i -ab 0 -vf camera.vp  scene.oct > scene.hdr

Best Regards,     Brajesh Lal