[Radiance-general] Radiance on Raspberry Pi

Kyle Konis kskonis at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 17:23:18 PDT 2013

Greg,

Inspired by Mark Stock's semi-recent post, i am curious if HDRgen could be
compiled to work on the Beagle Bone?

#####
http://beagleboard.org/Products/BeagleBone
BeagleBone is an $89 MSRP, credit-card-sized Linux computer that connects
to the Internet and runs software such as Android 4.0 and Ubuntu. With
plenty of I/O and processing power for real-time analysis provided by an
AM335x 720MHz ARM® processor, BeagleBone can be complemented with cape
plug-in boards to augment functionality.
#####

>From a search on the HDRI list archive, i found that:

##################

I managed to compile hdrgen under Lubuntu using VMWare, so if anyone else
wants a copy, let me know.  I'll send one to Axel since it's a little more
recent version of the code (I think).

-Greg

##################

In summary, i plan to procure a Beagle Bone, install Ubuntu and Radiance,
and include hdrgen to complete the setup if you can supply me with a copy.

My interest here is in using a CCD camera to capture bracketed sets of
images, composite and analyze them on the Beagle Bone (via Radiance and
HDRgen),  then use the information to thoughtfully control lighting and
shading systems in a physical space.

This plea may have more appropriately been made on the HDRI list, but i
wanted to add it to the current topic of Radiance paired with tiny low-cost
computers.

If others have comments or suggestions on the viability of this effort i
would be grateful to hear them!

-Kyle

Kyle Konis, AIA, Ph.D
Assistant Professor