[Radiance-general] gendyamtx - cumulative results

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 11:44:02 PDT 2013

Hi Jack,

I think the easiest method would be to extract the hours you want to accumulate from your WEA file, send them through gendaymtx and dctimestep like so:

	gendaymtx -of subyear.wea > subyear1.smx
	dctimestep -if -n 720 -o win1w_%03d.hdr winterior1w.vmx blinds30.xml westelev.dmx subyear1.smx
	pcomb win1w_*.hdr > win1w_sum.hdr
	rm win1w_*.hdr

This will generate 720 images corresponding to a month's worth of hourly inputs from window #1 on the west elevation.  The above steps (except the first) will have to be repeated for your different windows.  If you do a year at a time, you'll have to sum all these images together in batches, since pcomb only handles up to 1024 images at a time (so long as you don't run into system limits first).

I hope this addresses your question.  To be honest, I've never done anything like this and I'm not entirely sure I got it right.

Cheers,
-Greg