[Radiance-general] genklemsamp - surface orientation

Jack de Valpine jedev at visarc.com
Wed Jun 5 12:50:38 PDT 2013

Hi Greg and All,

In brief follow-up to this, I want to sanity check myself. For the 3
phase method:

  * vmx - for rcontrib klems_int.cal needs the normal from the glazing
    surface pointing to the interior, eg <0,1,0> for a south facing window
  * dmx - for genklemsamp the view direction is the normal direction
    pointing outside, the opposite of what is used for vmx, eg <0,-1,0>
    for a south facing window

Lastly, as long as a glazing surface is not facing straight up, that is
a skylight parallel to the ground plane, then then an up direction of
<0,0,1> can be used.

Thanks,

-Jack

--
Jack de Valpine
President

Visarc Incorporated
www.visarc.com

channeling technology for superior design and construction