[Radiance-general] Query regarding rcontrib

Axel Jacobs jacobs.axel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 16:50:21 PDT 2013

Hi Andy,

> rcontrib.bat says '@TEST_M~1.OPT'  and this references 'test_Model2.opt' ?
>   The caps and ~ aside, I don't know how a 1 becomes a 2.  Windows never
> ceases to amaze me...

I think in Windows DOS-shell speak, TEST_M~1.OPT means something like

"the first file in this directory that starts with 'TEST_M' and has a
base name (ie excl 3-letter extension) that is longer than 8 chars."

Since there is no 'test_Model1.opt' in this directory, 'test_Model2.opt'
gets the '~1' treatment. Weird, I agree.

UPPER/lower case is pretty arbitrary under Windows, although you can't
create 'test.txt' if 'Test.TXT' or 'TEST.txt' already exist.

What do you make of the -lr option? This is a little too obscure for me...

Cheers

Axel