[Radiance-general] The Three-Phase Method for Simulating Complex Fenestration with Radiance

Germán Molina Larrain gmolina1 at uc.cl
Tue Jul 23 13:01:03 PDT 2013

If I understand your question correctly, I guess I would do the rest on a
spreadsheet or on a script.

For a spreadsheet, I would do:

rlam 'Results of venetian blind' 'Results of tinted' 'results of untinted'
> Results.txt

rlam '!dctimestep -n 8760 results/photocells_windowglow_W.vmx
xml/venetain80.xml results/windows.dmx Milwaukee.smx' '!dctimestep -n 8760
results/photocells_windowglow_C.vmx xml/tinted.xml results/clerestories.dmx
Milwaukee.smx' '!dctimestep -n 8760 results/photocells_windowglow_C.vmx
xml/untinted.xml results/clerestories.dmx Milwaukee.smx' >
results/Results.txt

And, you should get, for each timestep, the parameter you are using for
controlling the tint on your clerestories, and add that as an extra column.

Then, on excel it is possible to do:

|             A             |            B           |              C
     |                D            |          E           |
|  Venetian Results  |  Tinted Results  |  Untinted Results  |  Control
Parameter  |  Final Results  |

and put a formula to final result saying that, if(Control > theshold;
Venetian+Tinted;Venetian+Untinted).

Hope it helps... I am working on something to do this kind of things on a
single program, but it is not ready yet.

Regards,

German