[Radiance-general] Query regarding rcontrib

Don Stearn don.stearn at iesve.com
Tue Jul 23 04:02:43 PDT 2013

I have an application which currently uses rtrace to generate illuminance data for sensors, and I'm trying to change this to use rcontrib.

When I have sensors on the WP pointing up (see simple model http://upload.iesve.com/downloads/rcontrib/model.png) I get results that I'm happy with (results for rtrace - http://upload.iesve.com/downloads/rcontrib/sensor1_rtraceCIE.png and results for rcontrib - http://upload.iesve.com/downloads/rcontrib/sensor1_rcontribCIE.png).

When I move the sensors to the ceiling and pointing down (see revised model http://upload.iesve.com/downloads/rcontrib/model2.png) I get no results for rcontib (results for rtrace - http://upload.iesve.com/downloads/rcontrib/sensor1D_rtraceCIE.png and results for rcontrib - http://upload.iesve.com/downloads/rcontrib/sensor1D_rcontribCIE.png).

I've attached the data files (http://upload.iesve.com/downloads/rcontrib/files.zip) - the file rcontrib.bat is what I'm running.

[IES]<http://www.iesve.com/>

Don Stearn
Software Engineer

T:

+44 (0) 141 945 8500

F:

+44 (0) 141 945 8501

http://www.iesve.com

**Design, Simulate + Innovate with the <Virtual Environment>**

Integrated Environmental Solutions Limited. Registered in Scotland No. SC151456
Registered Office - Helix Building, West Of Scotland Science Park, Glasgow G20 0SP

Email Disclaimer<http://www.iesve.com/disclaimer.html>