[Radiance-general] genBSDF -n option doubt

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 14:01:45 PST 2013

Hi Germán,

It should be fastest using the genBSDF -n option directly, rather than putting it in your -r option list.  Using the latest version of genBSDF from the HEAD, the -n option generally works pretty well in my experience.  In cases where the geometry and light interactions are very simple, there may not be much gain as the calculation is constrained by file i/o operations.  This is particularly true under Windows, which are forced to use ASCII rather than binary files due to the ages-old lack of any sensible end-of-file detection on that system.

Cheers,
-Greg