[Radiance-general] Problem with rtrace in Windows/Dos

leceta aitorleceta at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 15:49:38 PST 2013

Hi all,

i´am using radiance package installed via Diva for rhino 1.9 (i guess) in
windows7 64 professional

I want to make some simple calculations like those i´ll describe via Dos
command line

1- set the working directory where all my files are (obj, rad, oct, ies,
dat, pts)
2- obj2rad works fine
3- ies2rad also fine
4- oconv also

but a simplified rtrace calculation like this

5- rtrace filename.oct<filename.pts>filename.dat

gives me as result a file with just the header but no irradiance values for
the points in filename.pts

anyone knows what i´m doing wrong.

It´s because i´m not using cygwin, i mean, is the problem with my radiance
for window distribution? it woldn´t be the case as long as Diva is using
rtrace for its calculations without problems. At least it use to...

any hint or advice would be much apreciated

thanks
aitor