[Radiance-general] Pixel to solid angle transformation

Marija Velickovic maricanis at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 00:43:47 PST 2013

Hi,

I was exploring Jan's evalgalre tool, and found out that size of each pixel
is represented in calculations as its solid angle 'omega'.
I understand the concept of that, but couldn't find exact equations for
transformation from pixel x,y coordinates into omega.

I searched evalglare code, found appropriate functions, but it is not easy
to extract exact formulas from them. As I understand transformations used
are part of code Radiance code too.
My search on Internet was also futile (maybe wrong search keywords :)

Can someone please point me to some site with such transformations or give
some equations here?

Thanks in advance,
Marija