[Radiance-general] Subsurface scattering in Radiance

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 09:52:45 PST 2013

I'm not saying it couldn't be done.  I'm saying there is no one to do it or support such an addition given our current focus.  Some things are simply out of scope based on our application area, whatever users may want.  You are of course welcome to make such extensions yourself, though I might recommend working with Radzilla or (easier still) utilizing another free renderer that already has such capabilities.

I don't know the current status of the photon mapping add-on for certain.  Someone else will have to answer that.

Cheers,
-Greg