[Radiance-general] Insert text in Radiance images at specific location (x y z)

Vaib vaibhavjain.co at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 17:06:35 PST 2013

Hello everyone,

I wish to show illuminance values at specific locations at world
coordinates (x y z) in an image. I mean, to show the illuminance values (in
an orthographic image of a plan created by a camera with parallel lens) at
the real position of the illuminance sensors (Rtrace/Rsensor).

The only way I could find is to use Psign to produce text's image, and then
position the produced text in the plan image by using Pcompos. Something
like this: psign 100 Lux | pcompos inp.hdr 0 0 +t .5 - 200 200 >
out.hdr. However,
Pcompos takes input of the location of a pixel and places the text there.
This is not what I intend to achieve.

Are there other ways to do this? Thank you in anticipation.

Best regards,
Vaibhav Jain
www.vaibhavjain.co