[Radiance-general] question transmission an reflection glass

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Wed Dec 4 12:19:41 PST 2013

Hi Sierd!

> I have a question about glass.
>
> Is it possible, and if the answer is yes, how can I make a glass
> definition with transmission en reflection properties
> Now I make only glas whit transmission properties as below

The glass material is an optimization for thin, clear glass panes.
Transmission through such glass, which depends on the material, is
expected when you define a glass material in Radiance, can be measured.
Reflection is - for an ideal, flat glass - a property of only the angle
between surface normal and ray and the transmission (as a fraction of
light is reflected from the second surface, which means it has to travel
2 times through the material).

So for all use cases that the glass model in Radiance was implemented
for, you would not need the reflection to be defined.

Cheers, Lars.