[Radiance-general] pcond, luminance or visible radiation?

minchaca miinchaca at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 05:12:34 PDT 2013

Hi all, I'd appreciate your help on the following question:

I'm creating a radiance scene using gendaylit to generate the sky, since I
have data of the diffuse horizontal and direct normal irradiance (W/m^2)
I'm using the -W option and then -O 2 to obtain the output in lm/m^2/sr
(luminance). Then I'm using rpict to generate the picture, and pcond -h to
convert it to a human visual response.

But I realized that if I use the default value of -O in gendaylit (output
in radiance of the visible radiation W/m^2/sr) the picture looks less
bright.

So I don't know which one is the right one to use in this case.

I tried to find out if the default input when using pcond would be
luminance rather than visible radiation, but couldn't find an answer for
that, or maybe there is another command other than pcond, that takes the
input in luminance values, then that would be the one I should use.

Or maybe there is an additional step that I'm missing...

I wonder if somebody can give me a hint about this, and/or where to look..
:)

Thanks in advance!!

Ch.