[Radiance-general] Modeling the real world for lighting analysis.

Germán Molina Larrain gmolina1 at uc.cl
Fri Apr 26 08:36:27 PDT 2013

Dear List,

I am a starter on the use of Radiance, and I have some doubts about the
modeling (of the real world, as it always is, in engineering at least). I
have heard that material reflectivity is a very important parameter that.
How important are:

- Color (I am pretty sure I read something in this list about grey-world
simulations... I think it was Rob).
- Textures
- Specularities
- Patterns
etc.

My concern is that defining materials is actually not a very easy task, so
I just wanted to know what are the most important things here.

THANKS VERY MUCH!

German