[Radiance-general] BSDF reader

Germán Molina Larrain gmolina1 at uc.cl
Mon Apr 22 09:37:25 PDT 2013

Hi Aitor,

The number of the patches is from normal to tangent, looping over Thetas
and Azimuths... I think it is easier for you to see it instead of reading
it. You can go to http://www.radiance-online.org/download-install and
download the BSDF viewer, and put Show Patch Numbers.

About the units, I understand they are Incident Irradiance over Outgoing
Radiance, and the number there can be deduced as the percentage of
transmission of that transmitted by an "air" layer. In the case of Klems
(W6 standard) basis, the values for the air layer are, aproximately:

  *Patch Number* *1/cos(Θ).Ω*  1 41,9043  2-9 42,8764  10-25 45,6281  26-45
42,333  46-69 44,6724  70-93 44,6724  94-117 50,7996  118-133 45,6281
134-145 57,0215
The experts may have much more information about this.

Good Luck,

German