[Radiance-general] FAQ - Known problems

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Wed Sep 19 12:55:17 PDT 2012

Hi!

> Good call, Aksel. I never thought the order mattered, but maybe it does.
> At any rate, Andy's instructions are far more detailed than mine on the
> OpenStudio site; I'll have to do something about that!

>> PATH=.:/usr/local/radiance/bin:$PATH
>> RAYPATH=.:/usr/local/radiance/lib:$RAYPATH
>> Export PATH RAYPATH"

Appending the $RAYPATH to the end should not break anything. If it is
not set, nothing will be appended, that it is.

If you really typed Export as above, with capital E, that may be the
problem.

I am not sure about the syntax. On bash I would not first define the
variables and than export them to the environment, but directly set the
environment variables as

export PATH=.:/usr/local/radiance/bin:$PATH
export RAYPATH=.:/usr/local/radiance/lib:$RAYPATH

But both may be valid.

Cheers, Lars.