[Radiance-general] gendaylit and epw weather files, minutes field

Jan Wienold jan.wienold at ise.fraunhofer.de
Tue Oct 16 01:10:01 PDT 2012

Hi Lars,

usually radiation data in weather files is the sum for one hour and not
the current irradiation for a given time-stamp.

That means e.g. hour no. 8 is the hour between 7:00 and 8:00, the value
is usually the total sum in Wh between 7 and 8..

Daysim is using the sun position of the middle of the time step, in
that case would be 7:30.

Be careful about sunset and sunrise!

In case the sunrise would be at 7:40 you run into trouble regarding sun
position, in that case you might use the middle between sunrise and next
time step (in that case 7:50). This is also implemented into Daysim.

Cheers,

Jan