[Radiance-general] Preetham sky in Radiance

Giovanni Betti gbetti at fosterandpartners.com
Mon Oct 15 02:19:40 PDT 2012

Dear All,

I was wondering if anyone had ever tried to generate a sky description
for radiance based on the 'Practical Analytic Model for Daylight'
suggested by Preetham et al.
Particularly I was wondering if anyone tried to solve the equations in
such a way that (like the Perez sky model in Gendaylit) all parameter
can be derived from a standard weather file and the turbidity calculated
from the ratio of direct and diffuse illuminace (or irradiance)
I seem to remember the GenUtah sky by Mark Stock went some way in this
direction but the format of inputs wasn't amenable to submit climatic
data.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Regards,

Giovanni