[Radiance-general] comparison of light pipes

David Appelfeld d.appelfeld at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 11:48:37 PST 2012

Dear list,

I am trying to find out more about evaluation of light transmittance of
light pipes. On the mailing list I could find some information on how to
model light pipes. However, I would like to know, if there is any standard,
similar to "EN 410 -  Glass in building - Determination of luminous and
solar characteristics of glazing" for definition of light transmittance of
light pipes, which can be used for comparison of several light pipes. It
does not have to be EN standard, actually any method which define how to
compare light transmittance of light pipes, by simulations or measurements,
would be good.

Thank you for all advices and comments.
David